Friday, July 13, 2007

Improvements and a work in progress

I had to work on my rosebud. I wasn't very happy with the spotty background and the lack of sharp edges. I love working with colored pencils because of the incredible detail that can be achieved. I wasn't getting it and it was beginning to frustrate me to no end! So I sharpened my pencils as much as I could and went back to work. I like the new results much better. I'm still working on patience and taking my time, and I can see a difference when I can do it.


Here is the new and improved rosebud! The colors are so much richer and it looks a bit more realistic. I'm so happy with it! I even changed the photo on the profile side. This is an ACEO card, in otherwords...it is 3.5 x 2.5 inches in size. It makes a person a bit squinty drawing that small!




This is my current work in progress. It is a challenge on Wet Canvas...a predominantly white picture, and I can not use any gray! Um...eek! I'm not sure if I'm happy with the way the water is turning out, but I'm no where near finished, so we shall see. Oh...and it is a polar bear! You can see the reference photo behind him, and the latest issue of Redneck World *heehee*

The things I have laying on the counter :)

7 comments:

Teri said...

Welcome to EDM!

These paintings are just wonderful.

Lynn Larson said...

Thank you so much Teri! I appreciate the warm welcome and sweet compliment :)

Todd Camplin said...

Good showing of progress. I always like flower drawings.

juj said...

Hi Lynn - welcome to EDM. Tthanks for sharing your work. I think both versions of your flower are lovely - I can't believe how small they are! It's amazing you can work with such precision in such a tiny space. Can't wait to see the polar bear as it progresses.

Lynn Larson said...

Thank you Camplin and Juj! I really appreciate the feedback!

Anonymous said...

Your rosebud is so beautiful and delicate looking. I love colored pencils, too. It's my way of painting since I can paint with a brush to save my life! Welcome to EDM and I look forward to seeing more of your work. You are quite talented.

Emma Pod said...

Hi Lynn, welcome to Everyday Matters. I joined last January and it's been great fun! Thanks for visiting my blog...always nice to meet another South Dakotan (there are so few of us). I'm from Brookings, but live in Portland Oregon now. I'll be back that way this Saturday to visit family. Nice rosebud drawings!