Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sabotage!!

I get so frustrated sometimes...

It's not like losing weight and getting fit is easy to begin with, but for every person I have cheering for me, there is someone that doesn't get it.  Ironically, it's the two people in my life that have had issues that are motivating me to get fit.  My husband had a heart attack in December of 2011, and the following March, I was with my Mom, who had a 95% blockage.  WAKE UP CALL!!  I was at least 50 pounds overweight, ate all the wrong foods, and on high blood pressure medication.

Are you trying to lose weight?

The dreaded question.  Yes, I am.

Why? You are fine as you are...

*to self...no, no I'm not.*

Why am I trying to lose weight? 1) I am so tired of being fat, and tired of being tired. I want to be comfortable in my own skin.  2)  See the info above hehe.  And for some reason, the "you are fine as you are" was always answered by "good, I'll have a hot fudge sundae then"

Are you trying to die healthy?

No...just trying not to die :)

And as for sabotage, please, I beg of you...don't bring Key Lime Cheesecake and DQ monster ice cream cakes to my house.  Don't bring deep fried Oreos, Snickers, or anything to my house.  I'm only so strong.  Want to make a sweet treat?  Okay, but it will be with healthy alternatives.  Why yes, I did find a healthy-ish version of chocolate chip cookie dough :D  Not in the mood for that and want a bag of Rolo's?  Fine, but for the love of all that is sacred, take it with you when you leave

My point is I would like support, not sabotage.  I really kind of crave it.  And here it is *drumroll* ....

The dreaded "before" picture, which is actually just 10 pounds more than the current me...*sigh*  I will get better.  I will keep going. 


No comments: